(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Eyesight requirement
HELLO SIR; I have a specks of 1.0 no. so can i eli

Cadet Pilots and Pil
hi capt lim, i want to know that does the cadet pi

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Air Safety > Could you help me with my project on airplanes and air safety?
Could you help me with my project on airplanes and air safety?
Aviation - Air Safety
Thursday, 09 February 2006 06:05

Hi Captain Lim,

My name is Jessica (Jester is my nickname). I have been working on this huge project about airplanes and air safety. My ultimate goal is to prove to my entire class and a league of professional judges that airplane travel is perfectly safe. This project consists of a typed 3-5-pages report with a visual aid presentation and/or some way to prove the topic. And the one part that I dread the most - an oral presentation in front of the class and a set of judges who will be considered "professionals" on my chosen topic.

This means that I have to impress people who know about planes inside and out; but I have no knowledge of airplanes whatsoever. I'm really nervous about it and I want to sound smart - obviously - that I know what I'm talking about. I've always been really interested in airplanes and if I could ? I would become a pilot. That's mainly the reason why I choose this as my topic. It'd give me a chance to learn about airplanes as the basis of my schoolwork. But, I've never actually even been in a plane before as I*ve never had the opportunity.

I'm hoping that, maybe, I can find someone who owns a small, personal plane that would take me for a ride. That way, I could experience flying and demonstrate that airplanes are safe. I*d like to get a video recording to show it and maybe, even an interview.

I'd like to ask you specifically, if you could help me with my project, for example, is there anything I should know to say in front of these professional judges that would give a good impression; anything I could say that might be recognized by a professional pilot and shows me to be good. Also, do you know of anyone, or maybe, a specific airport that would let me set up an interview to ask questions?

Off the subject, thank you so much for this site! It really has helped me A LOT! Most of the research I needed for my paper, I got them from your site.

Sincerely

Jester

P.S. You ought to have a quotes page of famous pilots. And, if you'd like, I'll send you the finished report paper so that you can read it ? that is, if you want.

Hi Jessica,

I don't own a small plane nor do I live in the USA (is that where you come from?) to be of much help to you. So I would not be able to give you a ride (to get some video recordings in flight) or set you up for an interview. However, I can introduce you to a lady pilot friend who is also a Boeing 777 pilot (from a major airline in the US). She has written a book (The World at My Feet) and writes an air traveler column for USA Today. She is Cap'n Meryl Getline. Visit her website
here and drop her a line. If she is not busy (I believe she is now writing her next book) and if you are lucky, she may be able to give you some tips on how to impress the professional judges as she is also a great speaker.

I am glad that you have been able to get most of the resources for your research paper from my website. Yes, one way to impress the judges is your thorough knowledge of your topic.

I may create a page of famous pilots' quotes when I am free in the future. You can send me a copy of your final research paper if you like.

Wish you a successful presentation.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (1)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Pilot
Me and my family have just come back from Cyprus early hours Wednesday morning not the best flight I've been on,we went through a lightning storm the turbulence was really bad the plane was dropping and moving enough to make all the passengers on edge the pilot diverted round the storm I don't think pilots get enough prase for what they do
Danny , 19 Jun, 2015

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com