PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Airplanes > Is the Boeing 787 Dreamliner safe to fly?
Is the Boeing 787 Dreamliner safe to fly?
Aviation - Airplanes
Saturday, 09 August 2014 16:41

Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner at Farnborough 2014

Hi Capt Lim,

I am flying internationally from Florida to Gatwick, London for the first time. I leave in about a month's time and have been researching Boeing 787 and found some pretty freaky information.

I read that the planes are prone to windshield cracks, battery malfunctions and read about something with fires.

I also read that if they get struck by lightning as they aren't made out of the correct lightning defective material.

They have been fixing 40 planes that have had hairline cracks in the wings? I am going to be on this flight for 9 hours.

I am freaking out!

Bunny

Hi Bunny,

I have not heard of all the freaky information (especially the windshield cracks and incorrect lightning materials issues) that you have mentioned except for the battery overheating stories.

Yes, the plane was grounded for more than three months in 2013 after its batteries were found overheating. Additionally I have also heard about mishaps with brakes, fuel lines, electrical panels, hydraulics and other systems - something, I believe, are expected from any new planes coming into the market.

A joint review by Boeing and the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration), claimed that the Boeing 787 is soundly designed and safe to fly. Boeing said they have redesigned the battery, charger and containment system to ensure battery fires would not put the plane at risk.

However, the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) doesn’t think the Boeing 787 is safe enough to fly. The NTSB only investigates but does not regulate like the FAA. So there is still some conflict between these two bodies!

Up to 31 July 2014, they were 1057 orders for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and 170 planes have been flying with airlines across the world due to its innovations such the airy and spacious cabin, its large windows and cutting-edge entertainment technology.

In my opinion, the plane is safe to fly and I will not hesitate to board this plane anytime! It could be a one of the successful medium sized long-haul plane in the future.

Boeing 787 Flight Test - No Engine, No Problem

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (2)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Boeing's workers won't fly on 787's
Boeing's own workers from the 787 plant, refuse to fly in the 787.

They have made reports about the dangerous conditions and safety issues when manufactoring the plane.

The battery's overheating is just one of the problems that Boeing has tried to hide from public.

Workers are not educated for the work they are performing, and on-time delivery of the planes is muc more important to Boeing than building a safe plane.

There is indeed a comletely wrong material used, wich will NOT deflect lightning as well as it should, but it is cheaper to apply, thus saving money again.

Over 45 planes have now been "treated" for micro cracks of nut "just" the wings but also and more important the "plastic" tail or rudder.

It has failed completely in several stress tests, a fact that Boeing won't admit.

If at all possible, i would avoid this plain.
Rob Coleman , 14 Jan, 2015
If the 787 Dreamliner planes are so safe to board why have employees at the South Carolina plant (9 out of ten) said they would not fly on one? There are engineers that worked for Boeing quality control that have been fired because they would not overlook safety issues with the planes to appease executives that were demanding them to overlook in order to meet time deadlines. Boeing has lost billions of dollars due to the years of delay of the release of the 787-8 Dreamliner. Is it truly a dreamliner or a death liner ? Guess only time will tell. I know it won't be at the expense of any family members of one particular safety engineer that was fired or any of my own either! Board at your own risk. I hope I'm wrong and good people don't have to loose their lives and shatter the lives of their survivors just so Boeings president can enjoy his 42 million dollar income. There are people that have lost their $2000/ month pensions and he is going to enjoy a $250,000/ month pension. It's all about money, ain't a damn thing funny!!
Concerned , 17 Jan, 2015

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com