PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

What are the procedu
Hello Sir, I am currently B737NG Cpt.TRI /TRE hol

Could an A320 pilot
I plan to do ATR 72 -600 type rating , for that be

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Female Pilots > Is it true that pilots have to be really slender?
Is it true that pilots have to be really slender?
Pilot Career - Female Pilots
Monday, 06 March 2006 01:58

Hi Captain Lim,

What a great site! I should have discovered it earlier! I have just received news from the Singapore Air Force that I have passed the Computerized Pilot Selection Test I took in December 2005. I was asked to attend an interview. However, they needed to have my full Diploma certificate before they can schedule me for the interview.

I left school at the age of 17 when I was in my first year of Polytechnic studies due to family situation. Thus, my highest qualification is only GCE *O* Levels. I did mention in my application that I*m currently taking a Diploma from the Marketing Institute of Singapore. That*s why I was shocked to receive the letters to invite me for the two pilot tests.

I was told that the test results are valid for 2 years. Therefore, I will finish my Diploma by Sept 2006, and continue my application as an SAF Pilot.

I have some questions: Is it true that pilots have to be really slender? (I am not exactly that, but working hard to get rid of those extra pounds now)

Are girls less suitable for pilot position? Given my educational qualifications, I feel a little inferior to the rest. Is an educational qualification really that important? Can you give me some suggestions as to what and how to prepare myself for the interview?

I*m nervous about what*s gonna happen next, yet I*m hopeful and would definitely do my best to prepare myself during this period of time.

Really grateful for your help!

Emily.

Hi Emily,

It is not true that a pilot must be slender; the most important thing is that she (if a female) must be physically fit to satisfy the pilot medical exam.

For various reasons, female pilots are the minority in the Air Force or the airlines. If you satisfy the minimum qualification, there is no need to feel inferior as piloting skills does not depend on how many A*s one has but rather on how well she can fly. I have seen graduates failing their flying courses not because they are not smart enough - they failed because they did not posses the aptitude to be a pilot.

There are already some resources in my
Pilot Career FAQ on preparing for the interview. Please browse through them and participate in the Forums too.

Good Luck to your new career.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (2)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
About the Qualification
Hi there!I am from Malaysia.I am currently sitting for my PT3.I have dreaming to become a airlines pilot for a long time.I wanna know the qualification of being pilot in upcoming 4-5 years.

1.Will(Air Asia, Malindo Air, MAS,FireFly) or any company hire for a FEMALE pilot in upcoming 4-5 years?

2.What grade should I obtain in my SPM for my Physcis and maths for an easy admition in ALAM?

3.What is the physical condition for being a pilot?

Nanthini , 18 Dec, 2014
About the Qualification
Hi There!I am from Malaysia. I am a FEMALE.I will sitting for PT3 next year.I will finish my secondary school in 2017.I have been dreaming to become a airlines pilot for a long time.I wanna know about the qualification of being a airlines pilot in upcoming 4-5 years.

1.Will( Air Asia,Malindo Air,MAS,Firefly)or any company in Malaysia hire for a FEMALE pilot in upcoming 4-5 yrs?
(I have heard that MAS has stopped hiring female pilot)

2.What grade should I obtain in my SPM for phycsis and maths for an easy admition in ALAM?

3.What is the physical condition to become a pilot(height,weight,health condition)?

Please send your answers to this e-nail nanthinimahendran2000@gmail.com
Nanthini , 18 Dec, 2014

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com