(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Eyesight requirement
HELLO SIR; I have a specks of 1.0 no. so can i eli

Cadet Pilots and Pil
hi capt lim, i want to know that does the cadet pi

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Female Pilots > An aspiring lady pilot's queries on the Cathay Pacific Airways cadet pilot program.
An aspiring lady pilot's queries on the Cathay Pacific Airways cadet pilot program.
Pilot Career - Female Pilots
Sunday, 16 December 2007 19:12

Dear Captain Lim,

Thank you for setting up this valuable website. I really appreciate it. I am interested in applying to Cathay Pacific Airways for the cadet pilot program. I have already been to the Cathay Pacific website and read about the program and requirements. I have a few questions that I hope you can clarify them for me (even though I know you are not from this airline).

1. Since the requirements stated there are just the basic ones, I am hoping if you can give me some advice or tips as to what (qualifications or experiences or knowledge etc) you think would be valuable as a candidate? What should be in the resume or cover letter that will be valuable to make me stand out and be chosen for the initial interview?

2. If I have a chance to get to the interview, how technical will the questions be? Do you think they will ask a lot of questions concerning airplanes or about flying?

3. I am currently living in Canada and I am planning to go back to Hong Kong if I am called for an interview. I believe I will be staying in a hotel during the selection process. Will you be able to tell me how long the selection process be? Do you think my chances will be affected because my application is sent from overseas?

4. I am starting to prepare for my interview. What do you recommend for me to read up for the interview (if I am notified to attend one)?

5. I know they have taken in lady pilots in Hong Kong (Rebecca Chiu, etc) but there are still proportionally fewer lady pilots than are male in the airlines here. Do you think that, being female, I will have lesser chances of being selected? I am just wondering if females will have equal chances of being accepted and be treated just and fair.

I really hope my dream will come true. If you have any other comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you very much!

Nadia L

Hi Nadia,

1. To be called for the initial interview, you only need to have the basic qualifications as stated in their advertisement. Your normal resume would probably be given a cursory glance only but they are more interested in how you conduct and present yourself in the interview.

2. You must have some basic knowledge about flying and they do not expect great details about the aircraft.

3. I cannot give you an answer to this question because I don't know. Your chances is just as good as anybody who possess the basic qualifications.

4. Please read the past FAQ in my site and you will get a lot of tips there. Most airlines do follow a similar process in the recruitment of pilots.

5. I am sure you would be given an equal opportunity to prove yourself. If you have the natural pilot aptitude, I am positive you would be selected.

All the best!

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (1)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Cadet pilot
Hi Nadia, I live in Canada also but currently in HK, also applying for the cathay cadet program. What have you been through so far?
It will be nice if we can chat a bit. Please email me at nc1616@gmail.com.

Best wishes to you.
Nelson , 02 Feb, 2008

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com