Latest Comment

Can you become an ai
Hi captain, I met with a road accident and got a s

Why do I experience
Having just returned from Newfoundland...I had two

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Female Pilots > From a lady pilot aspirant in Hong Kong who wants to join Cathay Pacific Airways.
From a lady pilot aspirant in Hong Kong who wants to join Cathay Pacific Airways.
Pilot Career - Female Pilots
Wednesday, 02 January 2008 20:39

Dear Sir,

I am Joyce from Hong Kong. I would like to apply for the Cadet Pilot Programme from Cathay Pacific Airways.  I have looked up on quite a lot of aviation book and articles. However, I understand that as a girl, my chance might be very small. Anyway, I would like to give it a try. Would you mind letting me know what I should prepare for before the interview?

By the way, are you a commercial pilot right now? Once again, thanks a lot for your kind attention and I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Joyce Leung

Hi Joyce,

It is nice to hear from an aspiring lady pilot. I would not say that, as a girl, your chance of becoming a commercial pilot is slim. Remember Rebecca Chiu? She graduated with another nine Hong Kong cadets - all men, from the BAE SYSTEMS Flight Training College in Adelaide, Australia in 2001. Initially she thought that her gender would be against her but she said that when the company finds any females who are suitable to be pilots, they would definitely hire them. Go to this Site for more about her.

What is suitable? Well, besides the requirements stated in the Cadet Pilot Programme, you can get some more tips from my site and also in the Wannabes link.
Yes, I am a commercial pilot with a major Airline.

Wish you all the luck in the interview!

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.  I have already taken my first test on 13th of  November 2003. I did the simulator and IQ test as well as the preliminary medical examination. I am waiting for the result to see if I have a chance to go for the second test. This would include the face-to-face interview,  flight plan test and a more detailed medical examination.
I am wondering what would be my chance. If I am really successful in the second test, may I ask you for some more detailed information? I know your time would be very tight and I really appreciates your reply.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Joyce

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (4)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Cadet program
Hi Joyce, I am live in but currently in HK, also applying for the cathay cadet program. What have you been through so far?
It will be nice if we can chat a bit. Please email me at nc1616@gmail.com.

Best wishes to you.
Nelson , 02 Feb, 2008
Capt
Why don't Cathay Pacific stop training at Parafield Airport in Adelaide? You are really annoying the people who live here - We have lived here longer than your noisy training facility. Find another place to pollute. You are polluting the world just so some rich people can trip round the worls.
Di Yung , 07 Apr, 2011
Captain
Where I grew up, near an Air Force base, there was a sign that read "Thundering Jets - The Sound Of Freedom"

No training at Parafield (not just Cathay, by the way - but many other airlines) = no prosperity for your community. Every trainee that comes to ADL for training brings jobs, money, opportunities for local people too.

If you REALLY want the school to go, petition your MP. I'm 100% sure that many other, struggling towns would welcome the school with open arms.

Just my .02c
Cathay Pilot , 13 Apr, 2011
Cadet
Hey Joyce, how did your interviews go? Did you successfully become a Cathay pilot? smilies/cheesy.gif
Clarence , 27 May, 2011

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com