PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Interviewing Process > I got through the SIA cadet pilot interview, do you know what happens next?
I got through the SIA cadet pilot interview, do you know what happens next?
Pilot Career - Interviewing Process
Sunday, 16 December 2007 19:04

Dear Capt Lim,

Thanks for your help and information. It has been extremely useful throughout the whole interview process in the cadet pilot selection. I got through and is currently waiting for news about my medical result.

Do you know what happens now and how long would I have to wait before I hear anything from SIA? I am really keen to start my flying career as soon as possible. Could you kindly advise me on what I should go through or read till the time I start or hear from them?

Regards,

Shatrugan

Hi Shatrugan,

Congratulations for getting through your first hurdle!

Just keep fit, read up as much as you can about flying and wait for further good news. I cannot advise you as to the duration of the whole selection process. For the moment, read through some of the successful candidates' experience in my site and also my links to various sites on basic flying knowledge in the FAQ.

All the best to your future flying career.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (22)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Ms
Hi,

I really would like to find out when is the next interview for SIA casbin crew.
J , 26 May, 2009
first stage of the interview
i'm going to attend the first interview. I need your help. What are the commonly asked question?
Karthik , 15 Jul, 2009
First Interview
Good Afternoon Captain Lim, I am going for the first interview next friday (12 Mar 2010). Can you kindly give me some useful tips?

Thank you Captain
Ahamad , 06 Mar, 2010
Hello Sir
I have been scheduled for an SIA interview on 22/05/2011 (India ). Could you please let me know what topics I should prepare . I have read here that the candidates are expected to undergo essay writing and group discussion ..can you pls let me know the general topics I should study..

pls help..

regards..Viper
Viper , 05 May, 2011
hi viper
I have my first round of interview on 25/06/2011 (India).I'd be grateful if you could enlighten me about the testing process and the topics i need to prepare upon.I look forward to hearing from you .

thank you
rishi
rishi , 13 Jun, 2011
Hi Shatrugan
I have been through the 1st round of interview process of SIA (at Bangalore). Could you share information about the further rounds of the selection process. I am a Engineering graduate with no flying experience. Looking forward for valuable tips from you.

Regards,
Vachan
Vachan dev , 21 Jun, 2011
Hi Vachan
Could you please throw some light on how was the 1st round of interview? What all rounds were there and what questions were you asked? I have my 1st round on 25th (Delhi). Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Surya
surya , 23 Jun, 2011
Hello Vachan,
Could you please throw some light on your experience of the interview? How many rounds were there and what questions were asked?

Thanks
Surya
surya , 23 Jun, 2011
hey im from chennai,how do you apply for this?
varun iyer , 26 Jun, 2011
SIA India Interview
There were mostly questions about your profile and interests. Nothing in specific.
Hi Surya , 30 Jun, 2011
SIA Mumbai Interview
Has anyone from the mumbai batch of 22nd May 2011, got a call for the second round of interview? Please keep posted in case of any updates. Thanks
Zorro , 04 Jul, 2011
Hi Viper and Vachan
Viper,
Any updates regarding the second round ??

Vachan,
Please advise on which date did you had ur first interview ?

Regards,
Zorro
Zorro , 04 Jul, 2011
mr.
hello sir,
i completed my mechanical engineering this yar. it is the ultimate passion of life to become a pilot. it is a matter of honour for me to have a chance to fly with such a prestigious airlines as the SIA. please tell me if i can apply for the cadet programme. i not this year, when do i apply. i am reaaly keen.

thank you
sourabh vidwans
sourabh vidwans , 06 Jul, 2011
Intel on 2nd round of Interviews ? kindly share .
hello ,
I had appeared for the first round of interview on 25 June 2011 at Delhi . My interview was very general as I have no flying experience , primarily focusing on my interest for flying and a couple of flying related technical questions plus a few questions related to my engineering background. We were briefed on the day of the interview on the next stage of interviews for which the successful candidates would be notified within a period of 5 to 6 weeks time .
Anyone here with any information regarding the 2nd round ,kindly share your valuable inputs .
Looking forward for your worthful responses .
Regards .
rishi , 09 Jul, 2011
Intel on 2nd round interviews? kindly share
hello ,
I had appeared for the first round of interview on 25 June 2011 at Delhi . My interview was very general as I have no flying experience , primarily focusing on my interest for flying and a couple of flying related technical questions plus a few questions related to my engineering background. We were briefed on the day of the interview on the next stage of interviews for which the successful candidates would be notified within a period of 5 to 6 weeks time .
Anyone here with any information regarding the 2nd round ,kindly share your valuable inputs .
Looking forward for your worthful responses .
Regards .
rishi , 09 Jul, 2011
any idea if there would be a new intake any time soon or next year?
varun iyer , 10 Jul, 2011
2nd rnd
I got my rejection last week. I attended Mumbai on 22-5-11.
Same as you but I am Management Grad
sqahim , 10 Jul, 2011
hello sqahim ,
sorry to hear about that . But dont loose hope , keep working towards fulfilling your passion for flying . Take care and all the best for your future endeavours.
rishi , 11 Jul, 2011
No Intimation
Even i had given my interview on 22nd may in Mumbai... But i have not received any intimation yet...
@Sqahim... were u informed through e-mail ?
Kindly reply.

Regards,
Zorro..
Zorro , 16 Jul, 2011
@Zorro,
I received my mail the day after DEL interviews were over.
If you haven't received your mail yet then you should be optimistic for a +ve mail to attend 2 nd round in SIN
sqahim , 18 Jul, 2011
SIA-2nd Round
Hi,
I attended the 1st round interview for SIA on 12th June 2011 at Bangalore.The Interview panel during briefing announced that the results will be out in 4-6weeks.its been more than 6weeks now and no updates yet from SIA.
anyone who attended 1st round got any pdates from SIA regarding 2nd round? and do they inform eve the rejected candidates?
iceman , 27 Jul, 2011
SIA-2nd Round
Hi,

Any updates regarding 2nd round interview? do they inform even the candidates who haven't cleared 1st round? its been more than 6weeks after my 1st round interview and i haven't got any mail from SIA yet.
iceman , 27 Jul, 2011

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com