What happens if I ge
I have seen a comment from a Flight attendant that

What are the eyesigh
Captain, I am in class 11 in India and want to bec

What are the eyesigh
PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Age > The alternative route to fulfill an incomplete dream...
The alternative route to fulfill an incomplete dream...
Pilot Career - Age
Sunday, 12 October 2008 20:48

Dear Capt Lim,

Thanks for your email. I really appreciate your effort in replying (see this query) even though you are quite busy with your current flying job.

Thanks again for your advice. For your information, I have a long discussion with one of the Flying Instructor from Integrated Flying Academy in KL about the above subject. Fortunately, I have been given excellent guidance towards becoming a pilot. I will be taking my PPL this January to qualify me for the license (single engine - 50 hrs) and then proceed for my IR (dual engine - 35 hrs) to qualify me as a pilot with PPL & IR. Later on, I will continue with the Assistant Flying Instructor course which needs me to complete another 150 hrs of solo flying.

Since I want to be a Flight Instructor, I was advised to get my CPL for Fixed-Wing and later on PPL for Rotor-Wing. I've just send my application letter to DCA and currently waiting for the reply.

I agree with your idea that I might not really need this career since I owned an established consulting firm and specialized in the development of Palm Oil Mill, Palm Oil Refinery, Biodiesel Plant, Kernel Crushing Plant etc. at the moment. But as I mentioned earlier, I'm not only looking for another alternatives for my career but I'm also chasing for 'my incomplete dream'.

Hi Sulaiman,

I see you really have the great passion to fly and being quite realistic about your chances in the commercial airlines.

I think what you are planning for your self is a good idea. What you are doing is another alternative path to eventually get your ATPL. I have known of many airlines pilots who went through this more tedious but rewarding route. What is not on your side is the age factor. Who knows? When you are fully equipped with the pre-requisites for the airlines, opportunity may knock on your door for you to realize your ‘incomplete dream'

As an Assistant Flight Instructor, you can learn a lot about flying and building up your hours by teaching basic students in the Flying Club or Flying Academy.

I wish you all the best! alt

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (4)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
WOW.....
Now that's what i call passion. I'm impressed! Good Luck Mr. Sulaiman!
Jonathan Lim , 15 Oct, 2008
good for you
i wish you all the best sulaiman! i am 36 now and i have contemplated a career move to become a pilot to 'complete my childhood dream'. all the best
whizzkiddo , 28 Jan, 2009
I wan to become a pilot!
Im 13 years old this year... i hope that i can become a pilot.... also,i wish i dont wear specs ... because my brother and sister are wearing specs so i hope that i wont be wearing ... if i everyday play computer with LCD screen 3 hour a day and i have set a very low brightness ... erm.. it will damage my eye or it will not??? if it will pls tell me i will stop playing computer pls... reply ASAP pls...
Chang , 02 Mar, 2010

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com