(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Eyesight requirement
HELLO SIR; I have a specks of 1.0 no. so can i eli

Cadet Pilots and Pil
hi capt lim, i want to know that does the cadet pi

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Airports > Is there anything you can tell me about airport or airplane security?
Is there anything you can tell me about airport or airplane security?
Aviation - Airports
Wednesday, 12 December 2007 22:35

Hey Capt Lim,

Thanks for your response. (I am the one whose mother wants YOU to fly him to the UK, he he!).

Over the last couple of weeks my mother had become more comfortable with me flying to the UK. However, with the recent news, both my mother and my father (who is the voice of reason in the family) have become increasingly worried that the airlines are going to be targeted this summer. Now there’s news of modified cameras and laptops that could easily go past security unnoticed. As a pilot yourself, is there anything you can tell me about airport or airplane security? This is your living, what is your approach if I may ask? Have all cockpit doors been reinforced with steel? Has this been done on the Boeing 777? Do you know if all international flights have air marshals onboard? How wary are you? Where are they usually situated (you probably either don’t know or can’t expose this specific piece of information).

Both my parents and I feel caught between a rock and a hard place… We all recognize that the probability of something happening is slim, but it’s just a very scary situation. I already have plane tickets and hotels booked, if I decide to cancel, we will lose a lot of money, not to mention the person I am traveling with will be really angry at me. I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. What a timing!

I need to gather as much information as possible that could alleviate my folks of a great deal of anxiety… if you have anything to share, we would all certainly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jason

Hi Jason,

The answers to most of your queries are found in my article on Airport and Flight Security. Regarding the modified cameras and laptops that could go past security unnoticed, I know it raises new concern. Airport securities are mindful of these new threats and they are getting even more vigilant. There is no 100 per cent reliability in airport security checks. What can be done is to minimize the odds.

Cockpit doors have not only being reinforced with steel but they are bullet proof as well! All Boeing 777's have been installed with them since April 2003. As you are aware, the details of air marshals program are kept top secret. All I can say is that their numbers have been increased after Sep 11. They are deterrents but I do know that El Al Israeli Airlines put air marshals on every of their flights.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (0)

Subscribe to this comment's feed

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com