PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Education > Should I get a Degree first or sign up with a Flying Academy?
Should I get a Degree first or sign up with a Flying Academy?
Pilot Career - Education
Friday, 30 December 2011 16:23

Do you want to be an Aeronautical Engineer?

Dear Capt Lim

I'm confused now. I really really want to be a pilot but what should I do first? Sign up with a Flying Academy or pursue my degree in the aeronautical field?

I know a degree is not necessary to be a pilot but isn't it better to be a pilot that has aeronautical degree?

I really need your opinion because I know that there are a lot of jobless pilot graduates around in Malaysia. I don't want to be like one of them.

Furthermore, I'm a 17 years old girl. It will be my dream comes true if I can fly Boeing 747 and earn RM 36,000.00 a month

So, which one should I go for? Degree first or sign up with a Flying Academy?

Kind regards,

Sha

Hi Sha,

In view of the pilot-graduates’ surplus situation, I would suggest that you go for the degree in aeronautical field first. You can still take up flying after your degree. In fact, it will give you a better advantage with that qualification.

In case you are stuck without a flying job after your pilot training, just like many others at the moment, you still have something to fall back on until the pilot situation improves.

I wish you all the best.

PS. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my new Twitter at @CaptKHLim

Just the Job – Aeronautical Engineer

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (10)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Aeronautical Engineering Degree & Pilot License
Hai everyone.I just want to share some info.Actually in Malaysia there is one public university that offer degree in aeronautical eng. with pilot license.That course is called Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering Technology (Professional Piloting) with Honors and this course just offered in Universiti Tun Hussein Malaysia.For further information about this course and the entry requirement you can visit this website http://www.uthm.edu.my/v2/index.php or http://fkmp.uthm.edu.my/
Irfan Azmi , 02 Jan, 2012
To Became A Captain And Fly Under Airlines...
Dear Captain Lim, Dear friends of flying,

I´d like to ask you... I come from Slovakia, I´m 26 years old and would love to become professional pilot - captain fly under airlines. I know that it will be long way to realize, but I´m sure I want to do that... training are, unfortunately, very expensive, so I have to find job to save many and after think about realizing... what means long long long way of doing nothing to make my dream true. I´d love to be focused direct on this way - trainings, courses, licenses, school, practice... is it possible also way to sign contract with any airlines for XX years and they will support all - pay trainings, school atc.? Is is possible to do that in this way? Am I really just great optimist? Or how can I do that? I´m sure technical thinking will not be problem, I´m just think the finance could be that what can block me on the way to realize this amazing dream.

Thank you in advance for your time, answer, any advice.

Kind Regards

Zlatka
Zlatka , 31 Jan, 2012
hi captain lim

i have heard that professional pilot cannot fly more than 100 hours per month...is it true???

Thanks
regards
darksha
daraksha , 17 Apr, 2012
flying
a strong desire
riya , 29 Apr, 2012
daraksha
yes i have also heard that it is only legal for pilots to fly 100 hours per week.
most airlines only garantee 70 however
ben , 05 Feb, 2013
education
what education that you taken student for ready pilots
rana hamza , 24 Feb, 2014
can i become a pilot without an aeronautical degree??
hi capt lim..i am wilson from sarawak..i am 17 years old..iˊm studied in semi science class..in my class doesnˊt have physics subject but i have science,math and additional mathematics..can i be pilot although i doesnˊt have physics subject??what should i do after my spm to become a pilot??be a pilot is my dream..
wilson , 17 Aug, 2014
Which one?
Can I go for bachelors in aviation management instead of aeronautical engineering ?
Bilal , 18 Nov, 2016
Should I first do the degree course in entrepreneurship or just go to a flying school??
Hi Captain Lim , my name is Maxwell and am from Kenya, I just finished my highschool and am now waiting to join the university to do a bachelor's in Entrepreneurship, but my desire, dream and ambition is to become a airline pilot, am really obssesd with the aviation industry, I didn't do well in Mathematics in my last exams from highschool, please what should I do. .. I really need your advice Captain Limsmilies/cry.gif
Maxwell , 09 Jul, 2017
Should I first do the degree course in entrepreneurship or just go to a flying school??
Hi Captain Lim , my name is Maxwell and am from Kenya, I just finished my highschool and am now waiting to join the university to do a bachelor's in Entrepreneurship, but my desire, dream and ambition is to become a airline pilot, am really obssesd with the aviation industry, I didn't do well in Mathematics in my last exams from highschool, please what should I do. .. I really need your advice Captain Limsmilies/cry.gif
Maxwell , 09 Jul, 2017

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com