(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Eyesight requirement
HELLO SIR; I have a specks of 1.0 no. so can i eli

Cadet Pilots and Pil
hi capt lim, i want to know that does the cadet pi

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Flying on the Boeing 777 > Which seat in the first class cabin of the Boeing 777 would you recommend?
Which seat in the first class cabin of the Boeing 777 would you recommend?
Flying - Flying on the Boeing 777
Thursday, 06 December 2007 19:56

Hello Capt Lim,

We will be traveling from LAX (Los Angeles) to China on a non-stop flight. Which seat in first class cabin would you recommend if one of us traveling has a problem with confined spaces? Does the back row seats in the first class recline as far back as the other seats in the front row, or does the back wall prevent it from reclining to the maximum? How many rows of seats are there in first class?

We will be traveling on China Southern Airlines. The interior picture on the website depicts pictures on Delta Airlines Boeing 777. Are the interiors of all the Boeing 777's the same?

Thank you in advance for your response and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Carmelita Thomson

Hi Carmelita,

There are two rows of six making a total of 12 seats in the first class cabin of a Boeing 777. They are fairly spacious with a pitch of about 61 inches. I am not very sure about the seat configuration in the Boeing 777 of China Southern Airlines because every airlines may have different spacing to suit their requirement and load. If their configurations are similar to those of the airline that I fly for, I would recommend the side seats of the second row, either left or ride side. Even though the front seats may appear more spacious, they are near to the front toilet and the cabin where your food are being prepared. Hence, you may find that it is a bit distracting because of the movement and noise from other passengers using the toilet as well as those from the flight attendants trying to organize your meals. More so, if you are trying to catch a sleep and do not wish to eat.

Yes, the back row seats can fully recline as far as the front row. Sufficient allowance has been catered for, so that the reclining of the back row seat is nowhere close to the back wall. Besides these small differences, all seats in the first class are equally spacious and comfortable. If you still have a problem with confined spaces at the side seat, then the back center seat would be preferable.

The decor on the interior of each airline is different from another and so are the seat configurations. If you want to know the exact details, you may have to contact China Southern Airlines because I do not have any photos to help you out.

Have a pleasant journey to China!

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (0)

Subscribe to this comment's feed

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com