PLEASE stop asking about your eyes!!! Read the art

Vomiting on long hau
I have traveled a lot (almost 2 million miles) the

Can you become an ai
Hi captain , I had an accident 15 yrs ago and ha

Does a jet aircraft
Reading through the comments was both entertaining

Does a jet aircraft
So many nonsense here... Earth isn't flat. Period.

What are the cruisin
"how in the hell can you reach JFK if you leave fr

What are the eyesigh
tjsoihsdojfsioufs f post

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Job Opportunities > Does Singapore Airlines recruit pilots from India (or other countries)?
Does Singapore Airlines recruit pilots from India (or other countries)?
Professional Pilots - Job Opportunities
Written by Capt Lim   
Monday, 31 October 2005 05:45

Dear Captain Lim,

I am from India and presently in Class 12th. Last year, I took Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as my main subjects in High School. I have visited
your web site and I like the information there.

From childhood, I have dreamt of becoming an airline pilot. I am looking for airlines to sponsor my flying training. I found Singapore Airlines (SIA) and few others and I have chosen SIA because it*s a very friendly and reputable airline.

I am interested to join the Cadet Pilot Program but the web site states that it is for Malaysian and Singapore citizens only. Does SIA recruit pilots from India (or other countries)? I really want to join Singapore Airlines. I am from a middle class family. The SIA cadetship program is my only hope.

Could you please give me some more information on this?

Thank you,

Priyanka Bose.

Hi Priyanka,

I have received a lot of queries similar to yours and so far, from what I know, SIA does tap into the resources of India and other countries (especially those countries whose citizens can speak good English generally) when they feel their requirements exceed the supply locally. Yes, the normal practice is to take in Singaporeans, Malaysians and PR (Permanent Residents) only.

Sometime in July 2004, SIA did advertise specifically for Indian cadet pilots in all the major newspapers in India as well as in their web site for a couple of months. I believe, once they have got their quota of foreign cadet pilots, they would hold on to the recruitment for a while before putting up further advertisements in the future.

The
website here currently recruits:

CADET PILOT (SINGAPORE CITIZENS, SINGAPORE PERMANENT RESIDENTS OR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS)

a) Minimum 2 'A's and 2 'O's, including General Paper, in the GCE 'A' Level Examination (or its equivalent);or

b) Minimum 2 Principal Passes (excluding the languages; Mathematics and Science subjects preferred) and 2 Subsidiary Passes in the STPM (or its equivalent); or

c) Polytechnic diploma; or

d) University degree

At least 1.65m in height. Medically fit with visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aids, correctable to 6/6. Preference will be given to candidates with higher qualifications and some years of working experience.
Application Details:

If you meet their requirements and are interested to apply, please download this
application form complete and e-mail it together with copies of your supporting documents to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

If submission is by hardcopy, please send to:

Manager Flight Operations (HR and Admin)
Flight Operations Division
Singapore Airlines
SIA Training Centre (STC-01C)
720 Upper Changi Road East
SINGAPORE 486852

I do not know whether they would entertain your application when there is no specific advertisement. I have to add something extra - from past experience, in addition to the above requirements, they would require foreign cadet pilot applicants to have a CPL (Commercial Pilot License) as well. So if you have all these qualifications, there is no harm putting in your application and wait for their response. Sometimes they may store your information in their database for future retrieval.

Wish you all the best.

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (1)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
Hi,

I did read an opening for SIA's Cadet Pilot Program for Indian Citizens, which was advertized on the 16th of October, 2008 and i also applied for it.

Last month, i got a reply from them saying that they "recently met with their pilot manpower requirements and would not be proceeding with the interviews."

The e-mail also states that they would keep our application on file and would contact us in the future, if the need arises.

What im trying to say here, is that SIA does advertise for their Cadet Pilot Program at India too, we just have to keep scouting!

All the best!
Khurshed , 09 Feb, 2009

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com