Latest Comment

Can you become an ai
Hi captain, I met with a road accident and got a s

Why do I experience
Having just returned from Newfoundland...I had two

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Job Opportunities > First Officer from JAL wishes to join Singapore Airlines…
First Officer from JAL wishes to join Singapore Airlines…
Professional Pilots - Job Opportunities
Written by Capt Lim   
Friday, 23 July 2010 12:04

Hello Captain Lim,

I am a First Officer with Japan Airlines. As you may know, the working situation here is not good and becoming worse. I am considering if I can apply for Singapore Airlines somehow.

My current license is on the B767, a co-pilot and I have the ICAO Level 6 Aviation English Language license. My flight time is about 4000 hours.

Would you think it is possible for me to work as a First Officer for Singapore Airlines? And if so, which type of aircraft should I expect for? Any other information such as salary, place to live, the term of the contract and so on is also helpful.

All this information may become clear if I actually apply for the job, however, it is important for me to acquire some information beforehand, so please let me know anything that concerns this job.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope I will hear from you one of these days.

Best regards,

K.K

Dear KK,

The prospect for a flying job at this moment is not the best as not many airlines are looking for pilots except for a few. Even that, they prefer pilots who are rated on the type of planes they are looking for. Singapore Airlines (SIA) does not operate the Boeing 767s.

At the moment SIA is not advertising for the position of experienced pilots except for the ongoing “Cadet Pilot” program (see here)

As I have said in the past, the windows of opportunity for any pilot positions come and go. You have to get in at the right time when the advertisement tells you so. When times become bad, pilot jobs are hard to come by (especially for private students who have spent a lot of money in acquiring their qualifications.)

So when SIA does open the window for experienced pilots, you are likely to go for the Boeing 777. Of course, that is not guaranteed unless you get through the interviewing process. Your salary would not be any better than what you get in JAL and you are likely to be based at Singapore on a contract basis.

I wish you the best.alt

Singapore Airlines

SIA A380 lands in Singapore

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (2)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
how can I get a job as first officer in Asia

Hello Captain,

I hope this will find you happy, I hold FAA and Jordanian pilot license, I'm looking for a job as a first offer on any jet airplane in anywhere , I'm to offer my type rating costs to the company ! where do you think I might have the chance ? and do you think its a good idea to pay for line training also! please be so kind and advice me !
Mustaffa Hashim , 06 Sep, 2010
career
hello capain lim,
im naser mobarghaei,im iranian,im garduated in avaiation.i got the ppl/cpl/ir lisence ,and my total time is 200 on single engine aircraft.would you pleas tell me ,is it possible to work with 200 flight time without any type rating in other country?tank you so much for reading and im waiting for your nice advise .
rnaser mobarghaei , 09 Sep, 2010

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com