Is it possible for me to do a self-sponsored type-rating A320 in Malaysia?
What is the duration and the cost of the type-rating course?
I have partially answered this question earlier but under a different query. Yes, you can do an A320 Type Rating in Malaysia at AACE (Asian Aviation Centre of Excellence) – a joint venture between Air Asia and CAE. However, this is subjected to you meeting the some requirements (please confirm with AACE) below:-
If you do not have jet experience, you must follow "jet familiarisation entry level course”. The regulation requirement is that you must undergo a MCC (Multi Crew Cooperation) Course as well.
• Valid and current CPL
• Instrument Rating (IR) on multi engine airplane
• ATPL: written test
Flight experience: 220 hours
- 100 hours as pilot in command (PIC)
- 25 hours of multi-engine air plane (10 hours can be completed in a simulator)
- Fluent in English
The fees (not the latest) details I have are as follows:-
Full Course (Ground School and FFS, Inclusive of Instructor Services and Examiner)
1. Entry Level Training Course- USD3,700 per person
2. Entry Level Training / Multi Crew Cooperation Course - USD8,600 per person
3. A320 Standard Transition Course- USD21,200 per person
Remedial sessions, if applicable: USD3,000 per session per crew*
*crew = two pilots
• The courses are offered under a crew concept (2 pilots)
• The price quoted is based on the premise of the crew concept.
• Eligibility for course/s is subject to meeting the necessary prerequisites.
• The courses are delivered under DCA Malaysia authorizations.
• The client is responsible for ensuring their local authority approvals are met.
This cost structure does not include additional remedial sessions, if deemed necessary.
I believe AACE is rather occupied with a lot of training going on right now. However, you can make an enquiry on the duration and latest cost to:-
Regional Sales Manager, Asia
CAE Aviation Training
Telephone : +603 87778060
Mobile phone : +6012 3055383
PS. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my new Twitter at @CaptKHLim
Airbus A320 – From Cold and Dark to Ready for Taxing
If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here