(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Eyesight requirement
HELLO SIR; I have a specks of 1.0 no. so can i eli

Cadet Pilots and Pil
hi capt lim, i want to know that does the cadet pi

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Stories, Truths & Myths > A short Interview with The Spirit of High Society MALAYSIA TATLER magazine
A short Interview with The Spirit of High Society MALAYSIA TATLER magazine
Aviation - Stories, Truths & Myths
Written by Capt Lim   
Saturday, 01 February 2014 15:58

A short Interview with TITTLE TATLER

TITTLE TATTLE: What inspired you to write this book?

LIM KHOY HING: It began with the urge to share my experiences as an airline pilot when I found that some passengers had burning questions and were sometimes fearful of flying. I realised that I could alleviate that anxiety with some answers from my experience.

There are a lot of things that the public does not understand about flying. That’s fairly understandable because aviation can be very technical at times which is why I try to write my book as simple and clear as I could so that anyone can understand it.

TT: Were there any challenges when writing this book and how did you overcome it?

LKH: This book is basically a compilation of all the articles that I have contributed to the AirAsia Travel 3Sixty in-flight magazine during the last 6 years. The resources and materials were mostly extracted from the answers that I have disseminated freely to the public worldwide in my website, www.askcaptainlim.com for the last 13 years.

For that, I have to thank the fantastic editors provided internally and also externally by Marshall Cavendish Editions.

TT: How did you juggle writing the book while working at the same time, or did you take a break from work to write the book?

LKH: In effect, the book was six years in the making, with an article written every month. As such I did not really need to take any break from my work. If you enjoy doing what you do, it doesn’t feel like working sometimes but what is important is the passion in you that keeps you going.

TT: What are some of the things that you talk about in this book?

LKH: AirAsia Group CEO Tan Sri Tony Fernandes has very kindly described it in his Foreword as "…an indispensable guide to anyone who has ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes before, during and after each flight".

It contains tips, advice, jokes, anecdotes and tales about my life as an airline pilot which I hope would educate and amuse the readers.

Amongst other topics I talked about, three favourites came into mind. Firstly, I wrote about turbulence, a topic of great curiosity of many travellers, secondly, fear of flying and thirdly, the question of promiscuity.

PS. If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim  or Facebook here

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (0)

Subscribe to this comment's feed

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com