(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

Latest Comment

Does a jet aircraft
There is almost no curvature, because the Earth is

Does an airline capt
I dont think the interview on our side (nautical)

A successful SIA Cad
I am a 3rd year student in Singapore polytechnic.

Cadet Pilots and Pil
captain how to in to the pilot career, becausee i

The twin-engine vers
Dave, in short, it depends on the severity of the

Engine Failure of QA
I heard the Captain of that flight was undergoing

What are the eyesigh
Sir, I am interested to become an airline pilot! T

My Boyfriend is Deat
4 engines plane more safe, remmember passenger pla

Eyesight requirement
HELLO SIR; I have a specks of 1.0 no. so can i eli

Cadet Pilots and Pil
hi capt lim, i want to know that does the cadet pi

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Home > Stories, Truths & Myths > Aviation Truisms
Aviation Truisms
Aviation - Stories, Truths & Myths
Written by Capt Lim   
Monday, 24 December 2007 18:49

The Airline Pilot?

AVIATION TRUISMS

1. The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline baggage.

2. An old pilot is one who can remember when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

3. Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the
airplane, the pessimist the parachute.

4. If helicopters are so safe, how come there are no vintage/classic helicopter fly-ins.

5. Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

6. Real planes use only a single stick to fly. This is why bulldozers & helicopters -- in that order
-- need two.

7. There are only three things the copilot should ever say:

a. Nice landing, Sir.
b. I'll buy the first round.
c. I'll take the ugly one.

8. As a pilot, only two bad things can happen to you:

a. One day you will walk out to the aircraft knowing that it is your last flight.
b. One day you will walk out to the aircraft not knowing that it is your last flight.

9. There are Rules and there are Laws. The Rules are made by men who think that they know better how to fly your airplane than you.

10. Laws (of Physics) were made by the Great One. You can, and sometimes should, suspend the Rules, but you can never suspend the Laws.

11. About Rules:

The rules are a good place to hide if you don't have a better idea and the talent to execute it. If you deviate from a rule, it must be a flawless performance. (e.g., if you fly under a bridge, don't hit the bridge.)

12. The ideal pilot is the perfect blend of discipline and aggressiveness.

13. The medical profession is the natural enemy of the aviation profession.

14. Ever notice that the only experts who decree that the age of the pilot is over are people who have never flown anything?

15. Also, in spite of the intensity of their feelings that the pilot's day is over, I know of no expert who has volunteered to be a passenger in a non-piloted aircraft.

16. Before each flight, make sure that your bladder is empty and your fuel tanks are full.

17. He who demands everything that his aircraft can give him is a pilot; he who demands one iota more is a fool.

18. There are certain aircraft sounds that can only be heard at night.

19. The aircraft limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular aircraft. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no limits.

20. Flying is a great way of life for men who want to feel like boys, but not for those who still are.

21. Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living. Forget all that stuff about lift, gravity, thrust and drag. An airplane flies because of money. If God had meant man to fly, He'd have given him more money.

22. If black boxes survive air crashes -- why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?

23. If the Wright brothers were alive today, Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. ---President, DELTA Airlines

24. In the Alaskan bush, I'd rather have a two-hour bladder and three hours of gas than vice versa.

25. It's not that all airplane pilots are good-looking. Just that good-looking people seem more capable of flying airplanes. Or so seasoned observers contend. A matter of self-confidence?

26. No doubt, no doubt. I've flown in both pilot seats; can someone tell me why the other one is always occupied by an idiot?

27. Son, you're going to have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both.

28. There are only two types of aircraft – fighters and targets.

29. You define a good flight by negatives: you didn't get hijacked, you didn't crash, you didn't throw up, you weren't late, and you weren't nauseated by the food. So you're grateful.

30. You know they invented wheelbarrows to teach FAA inspectors to walk on their hind legs.

31. New FAA Motto: We're not happy 'till you're not happy.

(Sent to me by Vijayan of Ethihad Airlines)

Trackback(0)

TrackBack URI for this entry

Comments (2)

Subscribe to this comment's feed
None
There is always enough fuel to get you to the scene of the crash.
Chuck , 24 Mar, 2014
Flight Math
Flight Math - Landings should equal takeoffs.
Chuck , 24 Mar, 2014

Write comment

smaller | bigger

busy

Paperback Version

For Local Availability - Check Here

Recommended By..

LIFE IN THE SKIES

'A Local Bestseller!'

Recommended by

Patrick Smith
Boston USA
(See
here)

Capt Meryl Getline
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

Capt Doug Morris
Canadian Airlines
(See
here)

Capt  Robert J Boser
ex-United Airlines USA
(See
here)

38 Readers' Comments
(See here)

Get an autographed copy here

AMAZON.COM  -  To Order, please Click here 

(eBook) Kindle edition - please Click here

View Book Launch video here

Follow me

@CaptKHLim

Like What You Read?

If you like what you read, more stories are found in my book LIFE IN THE SKIES (Preview here) and you can purchase a copy here. To check for any latest updates or postings, you can follow my Twitter at @CaptKHLim or Facebook here

MH 370 Interviews

Click here to View

10 Most Popular Posts

Disclaimer | Privacy
2004 - 2011 © AskCaptainLim.com | Site Concept by eQuilec.com